Hi from Holland

Blarp

Mitglied
Fahrzeug
Duster Série Limitée Robust
Baujahr
Firstly - I read German, but I will not insult you by trying to write it - I trust Google translate will help if needed :)
I could not find an active forum in my country, so I happily registered here to read up about our Dacias.
Mine is a Duster "Serie Limitee Robust" 2016 1.2TCE Euro 6, I recently bought it to pull our caravan.
It is a bit of a culture shock - my previous car was a Toyota hybrid, a computer on wheels, everything automatic; ACC, Radar, lane departure, climate, Android auto etc etc.

The Duster is old skool manual operated. Not even a touch screen.
Still, I do not seem to miss most of the fancy features. At least it is not beeping at me when I cross a line or such :)
I do miss the 4L/100km of the Toyota though. The Duster does double that.

Modifications:
I added a convenient place for my phone for navigation at eye height. Works adequately - don't miss the touch screen.
I added a permanent OBD gauge to monitor oil / water temp (and much more if desired)
I fitted Philips Ultinon H7 leds in the low beam (non blinding, better visibility)
And a wide angle lens in the rear window for parking (added to the after market sensors)

I later read up on the reputation the 1.2TCE has, I hope the euro6 is sufficiently improved to not crash too soon.
For now it runs very smooth, does not consume oil.
I hope it will continue to do so when pulling my 460 size caravan around (1300kg)

Duster.jpg

https://pers.dacia.nl/alle-dacias-nu-ook-als-serie-limitee-robust/

Hi Blarp :) ...don't worry about your German writing skills...I can read Dutch but well...writing is just a whole different level ;)
As you said...google translate is our friend.

Hi @Blarp !
1) welcome to the community.
2) would u show us, upload a pic about ur fixed OBD gauge please? Easy to fix or would I need a mechanic with a master`s degree?

Best regards
W.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
wish you all the best with your new Dacia. Especially a crash free drive and a troublefree 1.2l TCe
With a Dacia you start to appreciate the simplicity but again there are downsides too.

Herzlich willkommen hier im Forum!

aber als erstes möchte ich Dir einen Hinweis geben. Da nicht alle unsere Mitglieder englisch sprechen, wäre es hilfreich, wenn Du deine Beiträge zumindest zweisprachig postest. Du kannst dafür einen Übersetzer nutzen, wie zb. DeepL oder Google Translate. So erreichst Du viel mehr User.
Viel Spaß in unserem Forum!

Welcome here to the forum!

first of all, I'd like to give you a hint. Not all of our members speak English. So it would be very helpful if you post at least bilingually. For this, you can use an online-translator like DeepL or Google Translate. You will reach much more users.
Have fun!

• Themenstarter Themenstarter
@dacia Bastler:
Thanks for the hints and acceptance!
I find that in any case Chrome will auto-translate any language into native language in a mouse-click.
It is almost magic that langue barriers do no longer exist - I could type this in Gaelic, and you could read it in German :) . The future is here..

@laureate 90dcifwd
The OBD gauge is a Autool x60. It is Plug & Play. It powers up and down automatically, and does not use bluetooth (which I already need for music and podcasts)
I find the A pillars the best place to place stuff. At eye height, but not blocking view.
The OBD is showing here water and oil temp, and battery voltage. But I could select many other things like power reserve or outside temp.
OBD1.jpg

Phone holder on the other side:
Fone.jpg

is the shown oil temperature correct or is that demo mode?
This is true measured value. Or at least what the engine tells me.. It correlates well with the water temp.
It seems to be in an expected range.
When I start pulling a caravan I will have an eye to this value.

do you know where the sensor is located?
I have no clue. I do not even know if this value is measured or just calculated by the ECU.
It does fluctuate in a realistic manner during driving, 105 ..120C depending on driving style / load.
Same for water temp and battery voltage (which I can check to be correct).

Hallo Blarp,
dann auch von mir, herzlich willkommen.

Übrigens, ich habe mit deepl.com gute Erfahrungen.

- - -

Hallo Blarp,
Van mij ook welkom.

Ik heb trouwens goede ervaringen met deepl.com.

Thanks for all welcoming words!

(Right click in an empty field on the page - "translate to [any language]"

Off topic:
Important news!:
I invested E25 in a heated seat cover (Lidl). Brilliant! Warm bum at my daily commute!

I find that in any case Chrome will auto-translate any language into native language in a mouse-click.
True, but not everybody uses Chrome or Edge. In my case I prefer using Brave or Firefox. These browser have no one-click translater and need add-ons to auto-translate texts. Another point is that some users read posts via mobile devices and, depending on the browser they use, they also don't have a one-click translater. Therefore I highly recommend to post texts in english and in german as well.

Richtig, aber nicht jeder benutzt Chrome oder Edge. Ich bevorzuge die Browser Brave oder Firefox. Diese beiden haben keine ein-Klick Übersetzer und brauchen dafür add-ons. Ein weiterer Punkt ist, dass einige User mobile Geräte nutzen um Posts zu lesen. Abhängig von deren Browser haben auch sie keinen ein-Klick Übersetzer. Deshalb empfehle ich dringend Texte sowohl in English, als auch in Deutsch zu posten.

OK, gutes Argument.
Ich bin hier Gast in einem Deutschen Forum, und natürlich werde ich den Wünschen folgen und nicht stur sein :)
Ich hoffe, dass ich hier noch das eine oder andere lernen kann, und dann ist es von Vorteil, so viele Menschen wie möglich zu erreichen!

Dacianer.de - die Dacia-Community

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
etels
Zurück